One of the primary ways to earn with online jobs is to earn money from blogs. The Internet has created millions of job opportunities for talented individuals to make quick bucks sitting at home. Some of the ways in which you can earn money from online jobs include filling captchas, typing jobs as well as filling online surveys. Blogging is one such online job that requires a minimum level of education and expertise, yet it can help you make thousands of dollars every year.
There are hundreds of different ways in which you can earn from blogs. However, only a few of them are universal in nature. These universal jobs can serve as a primary job or a side hustle for you according to your needs. Here, we shall discuss the top 10 ways in which you can earn money from your blog.
Ways to Earn Money from Blogging
The primary source of income for most blogs is advertisements. Several multinational companies are willing to pay your extravagant amounts for posting their ads on your blog. However, this way works only when you host a really popular blog with a few thousand visitors on a daily basis.
You need to make sure that you attract the investors to post ads on your blogs that hold relevance to your content. Readers will soon run away in case you divert your attention by posting irrelevant advertisements on your blog. Also, you need to be patient to develop your blog up to a level that attracts these large corporations and investors. It is a good idea to host a blog in partnership with some extremely talented content developers.
2. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is another one of the popular ways in which your blog can reap tremendous returns in a short period. The affiliate marketing techniques allow you to advertise products for other websites on your blog. You get a small commission on the sales of a product in case a person finds the advertisement attractive and wishes to follow the link from your blog to purchase that product.
Again, you need to make sure that you post advertisements on your blog which are relevant to your blog’s content only to target the correct audience.
You can host events on your blog to earn money too. You can either advertise someone else’s events on your blog or host your own event. For example, if you own a blog that intrigues the automobile enthusiasts and has a couple of hundred readers, you can host a vehicle overhauling workshop on a weekend. Since you are posting the advertisement for your event on your own blog, you do not need to pay any extra amount for advertising.
You can also find sponsors for your event to make sure that it generates a considerable amount of income.
4. Provide Online Services
Several bloggers provide content development services to their readers. Since the bloggers already have a good command over the language, it is easy for them to generate error-free content for professional purposes. Several people provide online services like blog writing, article writing, coaching, tutoring, etc. via their blogs.
Once you have acquired a considerable number of followers for your blog, it won’t be difficult for you to secure a good sponsorship that takes your services to the next level.
5. Promotional Content Development
If you have the skills to market/sell a product or a service, you can earn lavishly by providing the promotional content development services on your blog. You can also provide honest reviews for movies, restaurants or vehicles, depending upon the field of your interest. Once your blog attains a certain level of readership and popularity, you can avail sponsorships from various organizations and companies to promote their products.
You need to be very selective and careful in promoting the right products. You are bound to lose the trust of readers over a long period in case you indulge in the false promotion of products for monetary benefits.
6. Sales of Services
You can sell various services using the blog. Services like eBook writing services as well as online tutorials according to your skillset is a great way of earning from blogs. In such scenarios, your blog will serve as a resume for potential investors/customers. You can display your best work on the blog to attract more and more visitors and orders.
7. Sales of Products (Virtual and Merchandise)
Blogs are a great way of selling different types of products online. You can sell virtual products like eBooks, courses, applications, reports, etc. on your blog. The money that you earn from blogs is directly proportional to the quality as well as the demand for the product that you wish to offer to your readers.
8. Blog Swaps
If you have a knack for developing great blogs, you can always earn money from swapping blogs. Unlike the other sources of earning from blogs, this way requires a lot more patience and work to earn a substantial amount. However, once you sell your blog, you can earn several thousand dollars in one straight shot.
Blog swaps work only when you have the talent to attract readers with original content and aesthetic appeal. You must have a good amount of hands-on experience in developing multiple blogs before you start off with the blog swap business.
9. Private Help Forums
Private help forums serve the needs of people searching for solutions to their problems on the internet. You can host a private help forum depending upon your field of expertise. For example, if you have a degree in Automobile Engineering and have a good experience of servicing and troubleshooting vehicles, you can host a blog that helps people solve problems with their cars.
Private help forums provide both, value as well as money to your online character over a long period.
Acquiring donations for socio-economic causes is another way to earn from blogs. You can create awareness for a particular problem in society and gather donations from people to support the cause. You can also start a blog to kickstart your funding by attracting potential investors who are looking for acquiring an asset in a potentially great idea.
Tips to Increase Your Rate of Earnings
Now that you know about the various ways in which you can earn money from blogs, here are 5 tips that will help you increase the rate of earnings from your blogs exponentially.
- Develop Fresh and Original Content – When you host a blog that serves content in the form of text or images, it is critical that you lay emphasis on posting original content. There are chances that you violate the policies of another website in case you provide a spun content from their source. You must provide either original content or give credits to the right source if you are borrowing content.
- Post Relevant Advertisements – When you sign up your blog for an AdSense account to earn money from it, you have the option to choose the advertisements that you wish to promote. Always prefer posting relevant advertisements to target the correct audience and earn money from pay-2-click advertisements. Relevant advertisements will also keep the readers engaged for a longer period.
- Choose the Correct Themes – If you plan to host a blog using a third-party tool like WordPress, you have the option to choose themes that reflect the nature of your blog. You must choose the correct themes for your blogs to give it the necessary aesthetic appeal. There is a possibility that you avert readers’ attention in case you choose irrelevant, dark, brooding themes.
- Giveaways and Other Offers – Hosting giveaway competition and other relevant offers are great ways to attract an audience for your blog. We have often seen cases where the read count for a blog that is part of a competition, is nearly 10 – 15 times higher than the read count for a conventional blog. You need to engage in such offers on an occasional basis to attract readers. However, once you have attracted the readers, you must invest in the development of the right content to retain them.
- Connect Social Media – It is vital that you utilize the full potential of your social media accounts. You can share your blog content on your social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, to attract potential readers. This is also a fantastic way to connect with like-minded people daily. Also, it does not require any additional effort as most of the blog templates allow you to share the posts on your social media handles with a single click.
Ready to Earn Money from Blogging?
You can find several helpful links and websites online that will help you create a blog for free. You do not need to be a genius to earn money from blogs. However, patience, as well as critical content development skills, are a must to see the necessary rise in popularity in a short period.